Tequila y Mezcal Week NY is a multi-sensory experience celebrating the richness of Latino culture that engages, educates and entertains. The inaugural week long event will showcase
- Agave spirits, culinary leaders, industry professionals, artists, authors, musicians and the best of Latino culture
- 5 custom events over 6 days
Sunday June 5th · 3pm-7pm
Monday June 6th · 5pm-9pm
@ Casa Mezcal
The famed San Francisco based Mezcalistas bring their Mexico in a Bottle event to New York City at Casa Mezcal, Lower East Side.
- Sample rare agave spirits not yet available in New York
- Taste over 40 varieties of Mezcal
- Enjoy savory light bites from local culinary leaders
- 150+ select consumers attending
- Educational forum and classes available
Monday June 6th · 6:30pm-8:30pm
@ La Contenta
The highly regarded mixologist, Alex Valencia, opens up his Lower East Side agave outpost to welcome 25 food enthusiasts.
- Sampling and education of Sotols, Bacanoras, Pulque and Tepache.
- Agave spirits paired with their local farm to table Mexican cuisine. View Menu>>
- Ticketed guests will join around a communal table to celebrate the sights, sounds, smells and tastes at this culinary gathering
tuesday June 7th · 8pm-11pm
@ Bonnie Vee
A Social gathering of over 100 of NYC’s top mixologists, managers, chefs and owners that support the Agave culture. This informal gathering will celebrate the aficionados that make this Agave category great.
- Open bar of premium Agave cocktails
- Tasting of craft spirits and up and coming brands
- Networking amongst peers and industry folks
Tuesday, June 7th · 1pm-3:30pm
Salon @ Hecho en Dumbo
Agave Academy is an educational gathering for industry professionals, store owners and insiders interested in expanding their knowledge on the culture & spirit of Mexico.
- Chef/host Danny Mena will be on hand with local Mexican street fare
- Join seminal agave based authors and they lead discussions to go beyond the myths and misperceptions and educate this intimate group of press, industry and trade.
- Rotating intensive Roundtable Sessions with:
- Chantal Martineau, author of “How the Gringos stole Tequila
- John McEvoy, author of “Holy Smoke! It’s Mezcal!” and of the blog, Mezcal PhD
- Tippling Bros, Tad Carducci and Paul Tanguay, world renowned mixologists and industry consultants will mix cocktails and give guests a one on one look into the industry of cocktails, what is relevant and what is selling
- Tequila Interchange Project (TIP) on the State of Agave